Serving London since 1972
Our family-oriented atmosphere and environment is a perfect place to teach your children to feel safe everyday not only when they are at school or outside playing, but also allows the students to have a challenging, inspirational and warm learning and training experience that always make them feel like coming back.
Tuesday and Thursday for Advanced Kids Only
Unscheduled Class for extra training for Kids on Saturday. In addition, Kids always welcome to stay back for more instructions after class with no cost.
At Northern Black Dragon School, we are not only interested in martial art skills but also in the development of each person as a whole. As a famous teacher once said “these are the tools of everyday life, what you learn in here, you can apply elsewhere...” Nowhere is this more important than in our children's classes where we realize that we must embody the very same principles that you as parents are trying to instill in your children.
We are the only school in London that offers the most complete martial arts' programs for children & youths in learning Kung-Fu, Karate, Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, Kickboxing, and Boxing. Colours of belts are the least of our concern. We want our students to learn the efforts of hard working. There is no Ninja or Little Dragon party here, it is about learning the true essence of Martial Arts, and your kids deserve the best quality of training here.
Our main purpose is to provide the best program for our children to learn the true value of martial arts, and learn how to put great effort to be the best of themselves. We don't give out belt promotion; they must earn them with their merits.
Every day in Canada, a large number of kids miss school due to fear or intimidation of bullies. In fact, many believe that fear of bullying may be the leading cause of low self-esteem in children. Worse, statistics suggest that less than 15% of kids actually report acts of bullying.
Children's inability to stand up to a bully is rooted in profound fear for their personal safety. The victims know that they must confront the bully and would like nothing more than to stand up to them. But, they simply can't follow through for fear of the physical harm that backs the bully's every action. And, therein lies the challenge of how do you instil in a victim of bullying the confidence to face the tormentor, look them in the eye, and back them down? The answer is simple by teaching the victims to defend themselves against physical attack, and the rest will follow.
Most martial arts programs rely on striking the attacker with violent punches, kicks, knees, and elbows. In the Northern Black Dragon Bullyproof program, we take a different approach. All the techniques are purely defensive and utilize no strikes if necessary. Furthermore, we teach children how to defuse confrontations with words and never to initiate physical aggression. If attacked, we offer techniques to non-violently neutralize the threat and gain control until help arrives. In the Northern Black Dragon Bullyproof program, we teach the children how to fight fire with water.
Northern Black Dragon Bullyproof program has three objectives:
1. Instill Confidence: Bullies are less likely to target self-confident children. We instil confidence by teaching techniques that will neutralize the attack of a larger opponent.
2. Increase Awareness: Harassment from bullies can be physical or verbal and delivered at various intensity levels. In each lesson, we focus on teaching your child to recognize and respond to the most common physical and verbal bully behaviours.
3. Ensure Readiness: Only when your child makes it clear that he/she will not tolerate the harassment, will they free themselves of the bully torment.
- Age of Enrollment: Age 6 and Up. Limited Class Size.
- We believe children will enhance their learning abilities in a positive, encouraging and caring environment.
- Children are unique in their own way and special programs are modified to meet their abilities.
- Every child is precious and we make sure he/she receives our best attention and instruction here.
- All adult instructors with the true Black Sash/Belt credentials, and there are neither children nor teenagers wearing the phony Black Belt teaching your kids.
- Master Chau has made a strong commitment, with his most qualified instructors, conducts and teaches every class.
JCC At the Western fair in London on Feb 23, 2013
Mason "Spider" with 2 golds gi and no-gi
Treye "Fireball" with 3 golds and 1 silver at 8
and 10-12 years old divisions
Danny"The Prodigy" with 2 golds-gi and no-gi
Conner"Little Bear" with 2 golds-gi and no-gi
Keeyan "Tornado" with 1 gold and silver-gi and no-gi
Izaac "Machine" Wilkinson with 1 gold and silver-gi and no-gi
Emily "Blonde Bomber" with 1 Gold and Silver-gi and no gi
Results from our Nine Little Black Dragon Warriors, who were not only represented Northern Black Dragon Martial Arts Academy, but also represented London, Ontario at the Toronto Expo MMA Sport Jiu-jitsu Tournament which was a mixed belts regardless of their belt ranking from white to Black Belt on June 12, 2010. We came back with great deal of achievement with total of 18 Medals(11 Golds, 5 Silvers, 2 Bronzes) as our warriors fought with hearts and passions and was ranked # 1 in Ontario.
1075 Sarnia Road